Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Breakfast

I made these bacon &cheddar potato muffins for my Redneck Rustic man for breakfast this morning before he headed off to work. He was pretty pleased with them because it's not everyday I'm out of bed before he leaves but I figured I'd show him a little love this morning, after all  it is Valentine's Day.
And here's my Valentine's gift to you- the recipe so you can make some for your sweet heart.

Bacon & Cheddar Potato Muffins
1 1/2 c  flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
3/4 c potato flakes
1 egg
1 1/2 c milk
2T ranch dressing
1/4 c bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 to1/2 cup melted butter
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Mix all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl until well blended. Add egg and  milk and stir well. Let set for a few minutes so the milk absorbs the potato flakes then add bacon and cheddar and stir so all ingredients are well blended. Pour into muffin tin, filling about 2/3of the way. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from oven and brush tops with melted butter. Serve warm. Makes 10 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment