Sunday, May 13, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I don't remember where I found this recipe as I have had it for several years but I thought that I would share it with you.
You will need:

1T. chili powder or 2t if you prefer it a little less spicy
2t. onion powder
1t. each of ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, cornstarch and sugar
1/2 t. salt

Mix all ingredients together in a small container. Makes 3T of seasoning mix.
To cook: Add to 1lb of browned ground beef and 3/4 cup of water. Simmer 5 -10 minutes until desired thickness.
Note: Depending on how spicy you and your family like your dishes, use as little or as much seasoning as you want.


At my house we usually just use 2T of the seasoning and it is plenty spicy. But you don't have to just use it for tacos.  You can use the seasoning to spice up meatloaf, burgers, tomato sauce, casseroles, and dips and whatever else you can think of.


Hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know how you like it if you do try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment